Astounding Can I Wash My Starter Locs After 3 Months You Must Read

That said before embarking on your loc journey its important to familiarize yourself with the five stages of locs your strands will go through. In todays video I will be showing you how I wash and resist my starter locs for the first time.


Flashback To When My Starters Locs Were 2 5 Weeks Old And Before My First Wash I Loooved Them I Still Hair Styles Natural Hair Twists Natural Hair Braids

Starter budding teen mature and rooted.

Can i wash my starter locs after 3 months. Wash your starter locs within the first month anywhere between 1 to 3 weeks. I hope you guys enjoy. Okay first rule of advice never wait over a month forget about 2 2 weeks 3 but thats if your in a clean environment and arent doing much work.

I shake everything well and pour the mixture throughout my scalp. Remember the baby dread phase is temporary and it will pass. And why people have a lot of build up as well.

Remember to wash gently with your fingertips and focus more on your scalp than scrubbing out the locs themselves. Dont over-wash your starter locs. There are several ways to begin your locs.

Changed your pillowcase every day and have a few durags so you can wear one while the other is washing. When you wash some of the twists will come loose though. I recommend washing at least once every two weeks.

I heard about some people just cleaning their scalps with sea breeze or some shit thats nasty as well to me. Once every month in the starter loc phase is highly encouraged. Washing every 2 to 3 months thats why people head be smelling sour as hell.

The Dr Locs brand is very familiar with this process which is much. One of the most controversial topics I came across was when to wash locs after starter loc installation. How I Wash My Locs.

Use rubber bands to section out your locs so that way you can get to every part. To moisturize my locs I shake the container and spray evenly on my locs. Try not to scratch or scrub your scalp and locs roughly while washing.

While your loc journey can take between 18-24 months some loc wearers find the beginning and end phases to be the easiest because the middle stages. Since Feb 18th I havent done anything to my hair not even washing it. I wash with a generous dollop of shampoo diluted with a few ounces of water and sometimes a drop of castor oil.

Its healthy and recommended to wash your hair every two weeks. I agree with as early as 2 weeks and in this blog Ill explain why. Products used during the locking process can leave your scalp feeling dry and itchy and grease produced by the hair can result in an unpleasant itch in the scalp after the first week.

When to Wash Baby Stage Locs. Hello pusher I am back with a one-month update on my starter locs. I went 4 weeks.

I mix all the ingredients in a spray bottle and store it in the fridge. Please do not keep it for more than two weeks or itll start to smell awful. Starter locs 3-6 months Everyone has to start somewhere and the starter or baby stage is very important.

I generally like to keep my nails short but having them a bit longer. The longest I went is a month. The one instruction by the Loctician was If you wash your hair too soon the locs could start unrevealing and slow down the loc process After getting your starter locs do nothing to your hair for at least 3 weeks to 4 weeks.

If youre just getting started with the baby stage you should wait around 4-6 weeks before carefully washing your hair. You can use braids twists or rolls to start your locs and create a parting. Dont wash your starter locs as frequently.

Washing actually helps it loc because as the hair dries it shrinks causing the curls to latch onto each other which helps the locking process. You just need to push through and let your hair grow. And before you allow any water to touch your locs wear a stocking cap.

Just twist those up again after washing. This helps to maintain the formation of the locs and discourage unraveling. It could take up to 3 months before you start getting compliments on your new hairdo.

We recommend once a month. It takes patience and maintenance for your starter locs to transform into mature dreadlocks. Me personally I wash every week or every other week.

Your starter locs might be more prone to odors and buildup but over-washing can dry out your scalp and lead to flaking itchiness breakage and thinning locks. When I first made the choice to loc my hair I conducted tons of research. Loced for 5 years.

You may decide to have cultivated carefully sectioned locs or you can go for a freeform look. Starter locs also called baby locs are the first stage of the loc process. Op 4 yr.

You can go even longer than that if you feel you need to but dont go longer than 3 months. We recommend only washing locs once every 1-2 weeks dont wash them right after you take them out of the pack. This step helps in preventing the proliferation of bacteria.

However in caring for your starter locs delaying wash days is key. Im getting a little better at mainta. Next I rub and gently scrap my scalp while the water passes through my hair.

I have instructions on washing your locs in my other posts local maintenance starting your locs After washing do not vigorously towel-dry your hair. Depending on your hair type it can last between three and six months. Consequently under washing your locs leads to different types of dandruff on the scalp.

If youre the type who loves working out regularly and getting your sweat on you may want to. In fact biweekly if youre carefully. Some say not to for 2 to 3 months while other locticians and loc enthusiast say as soon as 2 weeks.

Focus more on lathering your scalp with your fingertips then carefully move down your locs with a gentle squeeze before rinsing off. Pay attention to the frequency of wash days. You dont have to worry about retwisting.

The Wait For Dreadlocks To Mature.


2 Week Old Starter Locs Starterlocs Loclivin Babylocs Womenwithlocs Naturalhair Locs Hairstyles Natural Hair Weaves Natural Hair Braids


1st Wash Of 2 Strand Starter Locs A Little Over 3wks Washed Hair In Stocking Cap Minimal Unravel Some Budding Retwist After Photo No Hair Hair Styles Locs


Starter Loc Maintenance Budding Stage 4 5 Months Locs Starterlocs Hair Natural Hair Styles Twist Hairstyles Black Natural Hairstyles


Month 2 Nappstar Retwist After Witch Hazel Scalp Cleanse 5 14 2015 I Was Not Black Natural Hairstyles Natural Hair Styles Hair Transformation


After My Wash N Retwist 3 Months N 3 Weeks Locs Hairstyles Beautiful Dreadlocks Short Hair Styles


Pin On Freeform Semi Freeform Locs Inspiration


Clearly Was An Exciting Day For Me It S Week 4 First Wash And Retwist And Some Of My Starter Locs Are Budding Bu Starter Locs Locs Hairstyles Locs


Today Marks 4 Weeks With My Starter Locs The Growth Is Real Excited To See It Go Through This Process Starterlocs Starter Locs Locs Natural Hair Styles


Starter Locs Mens Braids Hairstyles Locs Hairstyles Hair Styles


Starter Locs 1st Wash And Retwist 3 Weeks No Unraveling Nappy Hair Hair Styles Natural Hair Styles


In The Process Of Re Twisting My Starter Locs For The First Time I Usually Go To Visionary Roots In P Black Natural Hairstyles Natural Hair Styles Hair Styles


Post a Comment for "Astounding Can I Wash My Starter Locs After 3 Months You Must Read"